ABOUT OPEN PVR
Openview is proud to present its exclusive PVR (personal video recorder) capabilities with Open PVR, a first for the platform. Openview subscribers with the latest decoder models can now enjoy premium features on Openview with the innovative Open PVR capabilities.
Open PVR gives Openview viewers the chance to take total control of their television viewing. Viewers can now record their favourite shows and content, without being restricted to watching it at a specific time. Open PVR allows viewers to schedule recordings across a range of channels, through easy to use functionality, as well as pause live television for up to 15 minutes. Viewers will also be able to record one channel while watching another channel, making sure they don’t miss out on any of the action on their television screens.
It's an easy to use functional USB stick that can be inserted into the NA9200 Openview decoder model. Once installed, viewers can sit back and schedule all their recordings throughout the day. The Open PVR USB sticks are available in two sizes: 32GB, which can record up to 8 hours of HD content, and 64GB, which can record up to 18 hours HD content. If viewers miss a moment of their recorded content, they can rewind immediately to catch up.
It's compatible with the NA9200 Openview decoder, and available at PEP and Dion Wired stores across South Africa. The DSD1465 Openview model capabilities will be available soon. More information will be announced in due course.
How to set up open PVR
Installing Open PVR
Follow these easy steps
- Insert your Open PVR USB stick into the USB port at the back of your Open PVR enabled Openview set-top box.
- Once your set-top box is back on a prompt screen will appear. Select ‘OK’ to activate your Open PVR.
Using Open PVR
To record a programme
- Press the ‘GUIDE’ button on your Openview remote to display the programme guide.
- Select the programme you would like to record and press the ‘RECORD’ button on your Openview remote to schedule the recording. A screen will pop up.
- Select record and press ‘OK’ to confirm your recording.
Watching Open PVR
To watch a record programme
- Press the ‘OPT’ or ‘PVR’ button depending on your Openview remote control, to view your recordings.
- Select the programme you would like to play and enjoy. To pause live TV press the ‘PAUSE’ button on your remote control. You can pause live TV for up to 15 minutes with the 32G Open PVR USB stick and 30 minutes with the 64GB Open PVR USB stick.
PVR functionality is not available on SABC1, SABC2 or SABC3.
You should only insert an authentic Open PVR USB stick into your Openview set-top box. Any other USB sticks will not function.
For further help WhatsApp 082 966 6429 or call the Openview Call Centre 0861 696 843.
Learn more about Open view ovhd